Welcome to my adventure

Thanks for coming to my blog... I hope you enjoy reading about my travels and adventures during this year. Click on the link above to see pictures of my adventure year... the password for the shutterfly account is ilovecarly (because I know you do)

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Time is winding down!

Its hard to say but I only have 3 more days with Jake and Monica. Were leaving on Tuesday to go to Beijing for 2 days. We get to stay at a really nice hotel and we get a personal driver that will wait for us when we go to the Great Wall and places like that.

The last few days have been very repetitive. Creed and I have been going to the number one high school just down the road for his Chinese lessons. Creed plays games and talks in Chinese for an hour and then he gets to go to Andrew's high school art class and then gets to paint for another hour.

The other day on our way back from the high school Creed and I got some fried rice. You're probably wondering how I, who doesn't speak any Chinese, ordered the food. A couple days before Jake wrote a card for me to order something out on the street and this was my first time using it. When we went up to the stand I think that they were pretty nervous about a foreigner coming up to them. Once I showed them my card everything was fine. We got the rice and they made it through a terrifying experience.

Well I need to start getting ready to go out to eat. I might be posting my next blog entry in America!! Even though I am sad to leave I am excited to be in my own bed!!

Carly

1 comment:

  1. Hello Carly,
    It has been so much fun reading your experiences! The photos are beautiful--I love the colorful food and the adventures. Thanks for blogging! :)
    liz
    ps the horses miss you

    ReplyDelete