Welcome to my adventure

Thanks for coming to my blog... I hope you enjoy reading about my travels and adventures during this year. Click on the link above to see pictures of my adventure year... the password for the shutterfly account is ilovecarly (because I know you do)

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dragon Caves, Crazy Bridges and Noodles for Breakfast

Wow, yesterday was the busiest day so far. My new friend Lilly came and picked me up at 8 o'clock and we went to a noodle shop for breakfast, which was kind of weird for me to eat something that I would eat for lunch or dinner. After we ate, we went to Lilly's friends house to pick up Haley and her sister. From there we went to the bus station and got on a bus that we took for about 45 minutes to our first stop.

Our first stop was about 15 minutes from the main road that we got dropped off on, so we walked that little bit to the Red Army Bridge. The bridge is 70 meters long and 3 meters (in feet... 230' x 10') wide and is SO scary!! The planks of wood aren't even nailed to the stays and the planks of wood bend and move a lot.

Haley's sister has a friend that lives in the village, and her brother has a wooden boat that we got to ride in just down the river and back. After the boat ride, Haley walked us around the village just to look around. After we left the village we got a motorcycle ride to the Natural Bridge, which was only about 20 minutes away by motorcycle or car.

The walk to the natural bridge was very pretty. We walked through a bamboo forest and just a "regular tree"forest. (All of this, by the way, is up and down stone stairs.) The walk took about 30 minutes because we had to go UP stairs the whole way. Once we got to the bridge we walked down a whole bunch of stairs to the river that runs under the bridge. We played there for 25 minutes of so. When we left we took these really old looking stairs. It turned out that it led to a small river and there was a path to some rice paddies across the river. Haley and her sister ended up carrying Lilly and me across the river!!! It was just one of those things that was just really, really funny.

Once we got back on to the path we walked for about 10 minutes to the road where we waited for a bus to come and pick us up to take us to the Dragon Caves. The caves were really cool. The only thing that was really both strange and funny was that it was lighted up by neon lights. I can't really explain what they looked like and my camera couldn't take good pictures because the lights were so weird.

From the caves we took a small van that belonged to Haley's brother-in-law, which was nice because then we didn't have to ride a public bus. The funny things was, was that we were waiting for a bus to take us back when Haley's brother-in-law just drove by so she called him and he turned around and came back and picked us up. We got to Haley's house and Lilly and I took a taxi back to Jake and Monica's. Once we got back Lilly and I collasped onto the couch and took a rest before she had to leave.

To summarize our transportation today, I rode: a bus, a boat, a motorcycle, a girl, a van and a taxi!

Today I babysat the kids because Monica woke up and couldn't really move her neck or shoulder, but know tonight she already feels a lot better.

Tired but excited for what is to come.:)
Photos coming soon!
Carly

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great time. Wish I could get my friends to carry me around, or at least push i=me in a shopping cart once in a while!
    Keep having fun on your adventure!
    Love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete