Welcome to my adventure

Thanks for coming to my blog... I hope you enjoy reading about my travels and adventures during this year. Click on the link above to see pictures of my adventure year... the password for the shutterfly account is ilovecarly (because I know you do)

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hey everyone!!

Sorry its been a couple of days since my last post. We have been a little busy because school has started again for Jake so Monica and the kids are home.

About 2 days ago we were invited to dinner, but not just any kind of dinner-- it was like the Chinese Thanksgiving. Its called the Mid-Autumn Festival and they celebrate the good harvest that they had during the year. So we ate good food that night and had a fun time trying to communicate with people who don't speak any English.:)

Today(which is the 6th of October), I went out with a couple of Jake and Monica's friends who are around my age. There names are Lilly and Felisha. First we went to Nonchen Mountain, which is one of the very pretty views in Liping. You can also see all of Liping from the very top. Something that is funny to me is that at the top is the city's TV center building.

After we came down from the mountain we went to the city's "Old Town". "Old Town" is basically a street that is a mile long that has shops packed together in old houses. After we walked down the street we went to a dumpling restaurant, which was sooooo good. It was a little wierd because EVERYBODY was looking and staring at me.

After lunch, we went to go buy a cell phone for Felisha's father. So, the day was very fun and exciting and tomorrow I will go with Lilly to the "Dragon Caves" and then to her friend's house in another village about 30 to 45 minutes away.

I'll post some more pictures soon,
Hope you enjoy!!
Carly

2 comments: