Welcome to my adventure

Thanks for coming to my blog... I hope you enjoy reading about my travels and adventures during this year. Click on the link above to see pictures of my adventure year... the password for the shutterfly account is ilovecarly (because I know you do)

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Uno, Chinese High School and Fried Rice

Hey everyone!
In Liping its Tuesday the 29th and its about 1:15 PM. Today already we went to the high school for Creed's chinese lesson(Creed is my cousin, who is 5) with a man named Andrew. He teachs art at the school, so for an hour Creed practices Chinese and then for the second hour he goes to one of Andrew art classes and gets to paint. But anyway, all the Chinese kids who are about my age up to around a senior in high school were just staring at us. Some kids in different classes were even looking through the windows. After the lesson we got 3 orders of fried rice for $1.85!! The rice was awesome and totally worth the money;)

Lets see... Yesterday we also met with Creed's tutor, except that we went to Andrew's practice for the Chinese 60th celebration. We were there for about 2 hours and during the whole thing, little girls around the ages of 8-12 were swarmed around Jake, Creed, and I staring and trying to touch us. They were also trying to take pictures of us with their cell phones. For Creed's lesson we were playing Uno to learn colors and numbers and the little girls were helping me learn colors also.

Just down the road is a Chinese circus that just got put up the other day, and everyday they put all the animals on their truck and go around banging on drums to get attention. I took pictures and video that I'll probably have in my next entry.

We are staying in an apartment here, in another wing of the building where Jake and Monica live. To get FROM our apartment TO Jake's, we have to walk down 103 steps (no elevators here!!) to ground level, then UP another 50 to Jake's apartment. That's why I'm not going to run over and get the card reader right now. ;-)

Well I have to go play with Creed!!
See you later!
Carly

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carly,

    We appreciate your updates! Enjoy your travels and know that we are praying for you as you make your way and grow through new experiences. Please send a warm greeting to Jake and Monica and let them know we pray often for them. All is well on the home front - our fall weather has arrived, the leaves are beautiful and school is well under way for everyone.

    With Joy,

    Pastor Nathan for all

    ReplyDelete