Welcome to my adventure

Thanks for coming to my blog... I hope you enjoy reading about my travels and adventures during this year. Click on the link above to see pictures of my adventure year... the password for the shutterfly account is ilovecarly (because I know you do)

Monday, January 25, 2010

Life's a Beach!

We had a busy weekend this weekend... Annette hosted a clinic on Saturday for 6 little girls. The little girls are just starting out learning to ride so it was a very mellow lesson but by the end, the little girl that I was leading around was tolting/troting and holding onto the reins while I was running with the lead rope, and she was only 5!!. It was so cute, her feet kept falling out of the stirrup and she would go, "OH!! My foot fell out AGAIN!!"

I also rode Giefa to before the lessons started, boy! did she have some go in her! I asked her for trot and she went into a full on gallop!! So I pulled her into the middle of the track and did some circles, by then she calmed down a little bit so we went out on the track again and I asked her for trot and she went into gallop again!!! Again we did some circles in the middle and by then she had tired herself out so much she was willing to listen and we had a good rest of the ride which was only a couple more times around because she is so out of shape.

Yesterday we went riding on the beach!!! It was so much fun. I went with a girl named Kait. She is 14 or 15 and she needs to earn some money by riding Annette's horses because she is going to be getting a gelding of her own. Anyways, I rode Giefa and she rode Hekkla, and Giefa really wanted to go, but she's really out of shape so she cantered for a little bit and was panting by the time we were to turn around!!

Annette and Bruce walked with Donny on the beach and picked up some shells and sand dollars for me, which was really cool. I have 3 sanddollars that are almost perfectly intact.

When we got back to the house we groomed Fraya and Thokka and put everybody away in their stalls and gave them their hay.

After we got cleaned up and relaxed a little bit we went to a restaurant called The Whole Enchilada, and I had wonderful Cabos Fish Tacos. They were SOOOOO good. They had battered halibit, lettuce, a little bit of cabbage and this really good ranch sauce.

We came home and fed the horses their mash and pretty much went to bed.

I'm TRYING to get out and take some pictures, but there is so much else to do! Maybe this week... Talk to you all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment